Community Relations Coordinator
Community Relations Office
2250 Langhorne Yardley Road
Maple Point Middle School
Langhorne, PA 19047
Public education works best when the bonds between students, parents, educators, support staff and the community are strong. To that end, the mission of the Office of Community Relations is to strengthen those bonds in several ways:
- Provide information on curriculum, student activities, new initiatives, facilities updates, emergency alerts, community and charitable projects, through web updates, social media, articles, photos, email blasts, videos, and local / regional media outlets.
- Bring transparency to business and governmental matters by posting documents, schedules and.meeting updates in a timely manner
- Foster communications between school buildings and departments to share common goals and promote uniformity in district operations
- Promote social media use as a two-way information tool to engage parents and the community while seeking and using current best practices to ensure the safe and proper use of this technology
- Seek partnerships with local, regional and national businesses and organizations for the purpose of securing grants, donations, sponsorships, educational opportunities, internships and other programs to benefit the district and its students
- Promote connections with alumni groups and individuals interested in forming such a group
Where to find our information
|| We publish a district newsletter once a month during the school year which includes features on curriculum, facilities updates and news items from each district school. This newsletter is distributed primarily through email blasts in PDF form, but printed copies can also be found at each school office.
We also maintain district accounts on the following social media platforms:
We work with the Neshaminy Education Foundation,
a non-profit organization dedicated to raising money for grants and scholarships that directly benefit our students. The NEF has a variety of ways for the community to get involved with their schools.
What can we do for you?
You can call the Office of Community Relations to:
- Ask a question about district matters such as board meetings times and agendas, public documents, department informatoin and more. If we don't know the answer, we'll match your inquiry with somebody that does.
- Make a press / media inquiry. All requests for media coverage of district activities (with the exception of scheduled HS sports games, public meetings and events open to the public) must come through the Office of Community Relations.
- Inquire about a sponsorship, donation, internship, co-op position or any other partnership opportunities.
- Ask a question about the district web site, social media outlets or suggest an article for the district newsletter
- Request a paper copy of the newsletter
If we don't have an answer to your question, we'll find one!